Food Talks: Six Questions with Jennifer Lawrence
Talking Italian food with Jennifer Lawrence, probably the biggest lasagna-lover in Hollywood
In each Food Talk, we interview celebrities on their favorite Italian restaurants, wines, recipes… Because Hollywood people love Italian food just like anyone else!
The craziest Italian moment? “At the Four Season, for an international press junket… when YOU brought me a pan of LASAGNE cooked by your wife. And a bottle of Prosecco of course. My publicist almost died of a heart attack. It was a few days before the Oscars and I had to fit in the dress! Best lasagna ever. Not kidding”.
Yes, Ladies and Gents, yours truly, after having interviewed Jennifer a few times prior to her Mother! premiere in Toronto (my first time dates back to 2008), and knowing the thing she craved the most was lasagna, I begged my wife … who got up at 4 AM and made lasagne alla bolognese with real Béchamel sauce. Needless to say, they were fantastic.
And here are six more things you did not know about Jennifer Lawrence’s eating habits.
|Looking for the best Italian food in the LA area? Get our free newsletter|
Six Things You Didn’t Know about Jennifer Lawrence
- I love carbs! “Yes! Carbs! Pizza, pasta, philly cheesesteak, fries, but the best for me is lasagna! Lasagne is the god of food, and food is my favorite part of the day. I’ve always loved food too much to be a model. One of Kate Moss most successful quote is: ‘Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels’. Not for me, I can name a lot of things that taste better than skinny feels: bread, potatoes, spaghetti and meatballs, like the one they make at Watershed in Atlanta”.
- My last meal would be… “My invention, it’s called a chili pizza sandwich. Take a piece of pizza and cover it with southern chili, like an italian ragù but with beans… If you want to be very decadent I suggest you also add some spaghetti… and the you cover all this with another layer of pizza, and then you eat it like a sandwich. When it comes to food, I’m the worst!”.
- Pizza fixes everything. “When I don’t feel good, I like to eat a good pizza. Pizza fixes everything, specially mood swings”.
- My favorite italian dish (after lasagne, of course)… is spaghetti al pomodoro e basilico. I’m not a foodie, but I love to discover good food. I like Japanese cuisine and sushi, but my heart is with the Italians. Any kind of pasta with tomatoes put my soul to rest. Just fry some garlic cloves, add tomatoes and basil, and you have the best meal of your life”.
- Robert De Niro taught me about italian food. “Bobby loves food, thanks to him I got to know a lot about Japanese and Italian cuisine. He is the co-ower of Ago, one of the best Italian restaurant in L.A. and Nobu. All the celebrities like to eat there because the quality of food is outstanding. Brad Pitt, celebrated ’12 Years A Slave’ Best Picture Oscar there.
- My favorite italian restaurant… “is Bricco in Boston, because they make fresh pasta everyday. My fav there is pumpkin-filled tortelli with butter and sage. Classic!”.
PS: If you haven’t watched them yet, let me recommend my favorite Jennifer Lawrence movies:
- Silver Linings Playbook
- Winter’s Bone
- American Hustle
- The Poker House